Zero Waste is a project aimed at finding solutions to the current issues of environmental pollution and the reuse of materials.
Zero Waste topics are linked to vocational education and the HoReCa industry through a series of activities. Three vocational catering schools, two adult education institutions and two private sector organizations from Croatia, Spain, Ireland, Slovenia and Italy are involved in the project.
Project Zero Waste topics focus on changes in the education and business process by selecting environmentally sustainable work models.
What are the goals and outcomes of the project?
The main objective of the project is to incorporate the Zero Waste standards in the vocational education and HoReCa sectors through the use of digital tools., Tools for the implementation of the new learning and business models in the work process will be developed through the project activities: Zero Waste digital educational tools, Zero Waste in HoReCa curriculum and Zero Waste evaluation tool.
1. Curriculum design for implementing specific waste management practices in the HoReCa sector. The curriculum will include
knowledge and specific instructions on how to organize work in a catering facility in a manner that protects the environment
based on a Zero Waste standard.
2. Digital Learning tool - The goal is to support learning through individual acquisition of knowledge and use of ICT tools on Zero
Waste in HoReCa curriculum. The tool is intended for all students in the vocational hospitality education process, as well as
employees in the HoReCa sector.
3. Evaluation Tool - Creating an IT standard tool for assessing the level of a Zero Waste business. The tool identifies and
recognizes the level of business compliance in accordance with the Zero Waste standards of business in the HoReCa sector.
Who are the tools for?
• VET Catering School students and teachers - tools will provide participants with basic facilities for organizing professional kitchens and catering facilities with the mission of reducing waste, protecting the environment and raising the Zero Waste standard in the HoReCa sector.
• Hotels and Catering Facilities – they will have a newly created digital tool for the assessment of Zero Waste standards by hotel managers and executives.