TUSDU students visit the first certified "green restaurant" in Croatia - "Konavoski dvori"
The TUSDU students have visited the first certified "green restaurant" in Croatia - "Konavoski dvori" and investigated benefits of recent energy renovation.
There are implemented lot of strategies which save energy:
- solar pannels in combination with hydropower, regulated by heat pump (air-water) - facilitate heating/ventilation, underfloor heating, heating the water in boilers for kitchen and bathrooms;
- 2700 l gas station (part of kitchen devices use gas instead of electric energy);
- 16 energy saving devices;
- carbon barbecue instead of electric;
- thermal insulation;
- LED lighting (80% less electric energy);
- light sensors in bathrooms;
- planned ordering space in the kitchen (to save energy).
The aim of the project was to reduce the use of energy more than 50%. Now, they expect even 70%.
Regarding other zero waste strategies, they also have:
- device for separation of fat and oil from the kitchen (220 l);
- biodegradable packaging, straws;
- take away (food leftovers);
- seasonal menu;
- local food.